Churrosare a delicious cinnamon-sugar coated fried pastry dough dessert. They are surprisingly simple to make at home and are the perfect party treat.
Along with this recipe, I’m sharing two dipping sauces: a shortcut牛奶酱和darkchocolatesauce。
大多数人认为油炸饼最初来自年代pain, and they are one of those amazing foods that have been assimilated into nearly every culture. There’s nothing better than walking down cobblestone streets with a hot churro and chocolate sauce in hand (either at Disneyland要么在西班牙）。
Although they may seem intimidating to make at home, they’re actually quite simple. With few ingredients and a couple of kitchen tools, you’ll be a churro-making-master in no time.
Churro dough is a mixture of milk, water, sugar, cinnamon, butter, vanilla, flour, and eggs. While a lot of traditional recipes call for fewer ingredients, I like adding a few more flavor enhancers. The vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon in the dough make it more flavorful and the milk makes the dough richer.
After they’re cooked, they’re rolled in a mixture of cinnamon and white sugar. I like to add a little brown sugar to the mix for even more flavor!
Now that we’ve talked about what’s在the dough, you might be wondering what these end up tasting like. If you’ve never tasted a Churro, you are in for a treat!
它们通常与浸渍调味料供应，而他们仍然非常最好的服务warm and soft。
Are churros soft or crunchy?
They have a relatively crisp outside and soft inside. The cinnamon sugar crystallizes from the heat of the fried dough and creates an addictive sugary and crispy exterior.
Texture-wise, they taste like a chewier, denser, and slightly crispy donut.
- Make ahead: Churro dough can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to1 day before frying。When you’re ready to fry them, let the dough come to房间温度。
- If you arefrying the dough ahead of time, don’t roll the fried dough in cinnamon sugar. Allow the fried dough to cool completely and then store in an在室温下密闭容器(not in the fridge). Reheat the Churros on a tray at 350 degrees F for about 3-5 minutes or until crisp again. Then roll in the cinnamon sugar. (Fried ahead of time is best consumed within 1 to 2 days).
- If the Churro is too crispy or brittle, it was over-cooked (or the dough was over-worked/mixed). Either cook them for less time or lower the oil temperature.
What piping tip is used for Churros?
Tips for this recipe
- Number One tip： 用一个糖果温度计衡量的油的温度;我已经说过这一点，但我不认为这是头号成功的关键。知道油温完美churros至关重要。
- Only fry 3-4 Churros at a time。如果石油是拥挤不堪的面团,它将lower the oil temperature.
- Roll the fried Churros在肉桂糖混合物排去多余的油后立即否则糖不会粘。
- 不要过度混合面团;this will cause tough Churros instead of soft, light, and fluffy ones.
More delicious desserts
- Snickerdoodle饼干reader favorite
- Homemade Cinnamon Rollsbest ever!
- 肉桂卷面包猴子with a vanilla glaze
Churrosare delicious cinnamon-sugar coated fried pastry dough desserts that are surprisingly simple to make at home and are the perfect party treat. This Churros recipe is our favorite!
- 1/4茶匙ground cinnamon
- 1/2杯子(8 tablespoons; 113g)黄油
- 1茶匙Mexican vanilla extract(or plain vanilla extract)
- 1 and 1/4杯子(160g)白通用面粉
- vegetable or canola oil,for frying
- 1/4杯子(46g)light or dark brown sugar
- 1tablespoonground cinnamon
- 4ounces切碎的黑巧克力(or semi-sweet)
- Tinypinch of细海盐
- 1杯子dark brown sugar,包装
- 1/2杯子full-fat, regular sweetened condensed milk
Once it has reduced, mix in 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and stir until everything is well combined. Let stand at room temperature to continue to thicken while making the Churros. Serve the sauce warm and re-warm it in the microwave if it starts to get too thick.
Using a rubber spatula, continue to mix pressing out any lumps, until the dough is smooth, another 30 or so seconds (don't over-mix dough). Let dough cool for 5 minutes and then add in the vanilla and one egg. Stir. It will seem hard to mix and gluey, but mix until it comes together. Add another egg and stir until incorporated. Add the final egg and again, stir until incorporated. The dough is thick and gluey, but keep stirring and it will come together. Again, avoid over-mixing the dough. As soon as it's cohesive, stop stirring.
Transfer the mixture to a large piping bag fitted with an open star tip.
Preheat a deep fryer (or heavy bottomed large pot over medium heat) to 350 degrees F. Fill with oil -- about 3 cups (you may need to add more as you fry). I highly recommend a candy thermometer to ensure the oil heat stays consistent; this is the best way to tell if Churros are frying evenly.
管3-4 Churros每次向深层油炸锅或盆。管面团，然后用厨房剪刀剪开从星尖面团放入油 - 认真做是为了避免油飞溅和燃烧你的手臂。
Repeat with remaining dough, being careful to not add more than 4 Churros to the pot at a time and watching the thermometer closely to ensure even/consistent 350 degree temperature.
Enjoy while hot with chocolate sauce and/or dulce de leche. Churros are best enjoyed right after being fried.
Add all of the chocolate sauce ingredients to a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring in between each burst, until melted and smooth. Stir until silky smooth. Serve the chocolate sauce warm and re-warm it in the microwave if it starts to get too thick.
- Number One tip： 用一个糖果温度计衡量的油的温度;I've said this already, but I do think this is the number One key to success. Knowing the oil temperature is crucial for the perfect Churros.
- Only fry 3-4 Churros at a time。If the oil is crowded with dough, it will lower the oil temperature.
- Roll the fried Churros在肉桂糖混合物排去多余的油后立即否则糖不会粘。
- Sauces：我建议使牛奶酱酱before使得Churros和最后一批油炸的过程中制作巧克力酱。巧克力酱变得非常厚，因为它冷却。If it does thicken too much, place it back in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and/or thin with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Don't over-mix the Churro dough;这将引起强硬Churros（而不是柔软，轻便和柔软的）。