One of the best summer appetizers channeled into a delicious and filling meal: balsamic marinated chicken topped with bruschetta and fresh avocado. Thisbruschetta chickenis fresh, flavorful, and made with good-for-you ingredients!
I’m so excited to be partnering up with Kroger this year to bring you delicious recipes like this Bruschetta Chicken! This post is brought to you in partnership with Kroger, as always, all opinions are my own.
Cherry tomatoes are hands-down the favorite veggie in our house. So anytime I make a dish exploding with tomatoes, it almost always becomes a family favorite. And this bruschetta chicken dish is no exception! It’s definitely going to be a staple meal this Spring/Summer in our house!
I know I’ve shared this a lot, but I’m a HUGE fan of Kroger’s online Clicklist. With two boys that have more energy than a nuclear power plant, shopping in a store with them can be a challenge. But Kroger has solved this problem for me. I can sit at my computer (in my jammies, of course) when the kids are asleep and get my grocery shopping done in 15 minutes or less. (I tell my husband it takes 30 minutes so I can shop for clothes too…) It’s quicker, easier, and requires less planning on my part – i.e. not needing to return to the same aisle 10 times in 1 shopping trip because I forgot different ingredients.
我也很喜欢使用Clicklist当我下一个在线周计划（我用它每一次我做这些金沙城中心网址3 meals from 1 rotisserie chicken），我觉得我一直存钱，因为优惠券是正确的，是目前在售的任何产品旁边。得分！
And now that we’re heading into warmer weather and getting ready to grill every night of the week (…. just me?) it’s great to order groceries from the comfort of my back deck and stay outside soaking up good weather as long as possible!
So, now that we’ve got ingredients; what exactly is “bruschetta chicken?”
Bruschettais a classic antipasto (appetizer) originating from Italy that consists of grilled bread, and is topped with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil.还有其他的方法来顶面包片（包括豆类，奶酪，肉类等），但这种番茄罗勒变化是我的最爱！有了这个配方，我们正在换出烤面包烤鸡肉，加入这美味的番茄罗勒摘心。
Here’s the flow for helping this bruschetta chicken come together quickly and efficiently:
- Start with the chicken marinade:The chicken marinade will be used3次在这盘：First中，部分将被用于卤汁鸡。第二, a portion will be used to baste the chicken (which helps keep it moist and flavorful).第三, you’ll use a few tablespoons to brush the finished chicken with, giving it one last burst of flavor. This chicken marinade is simple, but packs a huge punch of flavor! The ingredients include balsamic vinegar (of course), olive oil, dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, and some seasonings (including salt and pepper). The ingredients get whisked together and divided into 3 parts. I like to make the marinade in the morning and get the chicken marinating for a few hours. I then come back later in the day to cook the chicken and prepare the rest of the dish.
- 接着，抛在一起BRUSCHETTA混合物。为了达到最佳效果，让混合物坐了10-15分钟，让口味融合在一起，腌，并加强together. I recommend making this bruschetta mixture and letting it stand at room temperature while you prepare the quinoa for this meal. You’ll thenuse the juices that have accumulated in the bruschetta bowl to add some flavor to the quinoa.
- Finally, let’s prepare的base of this meal:quinoa, chopped lettuce, and basil. I love adding Kroger’s Private Selection fresh lettuce to add some extra color and nutrition to the meal. Add in some fresh basil and an avocado and you’ve got plenty of green and fresh flavors to perfectly finish off this dish! Here’s a few final things to note:
- You can easily use rice, or a different grain in place of quinoa. I like to cook whatever grain I’m using in chicken stock (or broth) to infuse it with more flavor.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- 2large (~1.5 pounds)Simple Truth Chicken Breasts,sliced in half and pounded to even thickness
- 2tablespoonsDijon mustard
- 1large lemon(3 tablespoons juice)
- 1 and 1/2茶匙sItalian Seasoning
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2杯chicken stock or broth
- 1/2cupPrivate Selection Lettuce, 1 large avocado, parmesan cheese, additional fresh basil (optional)
- 1 and 1/4杯Private Selection Cherry Tomatoes,切碎非常精细的（几乎使糊状）金沙城中心网址
- 2tablespoons罗勒，finely diced
- 1 and 1/2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1tablespoonbalsamic vinegar
片鸡胸肉半横着和pound to even thickness to get 4 even pieces of chicken. Set aside in a large ziplock bag. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, olive oil, and salt + pepper. Add salt and pepper to personal preference; I add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk until ingredients are combined and then remove 1/3 cup of this mixture and set aside in the fridge.
Make sure your grill grates are clean and greased. To grease, dredge a paper towel in vegetable oil and holding it with tongs, rub it all over the grate. Preheat the grill to medium heat about 375-450 degrees F. Don't go hotter than 450 to avoid drying out the chicken. Grill the chicken until completely cooked through (about 4-6 minutes per side depending on heat of the grill) Chicken should be at 165 degrees F at its thickest part. Remove 2 tablespoons from the reserved 1/3 cup marinade. Generously brush chicken with the reserved marinade mix as it grills. Reserve those last 2 tablespoons for the finished chicken.
Prepare the quinoa according to package directions using the chicken stock or broth in place of the water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fluff the quinoa and set aside to slightly cool. Meanwhile, finely ribbon the lettuce and then toss with the warmed quinoa. By this time, liquid will have accumulated in the bruschetta mixture. Drain this liquid off over the quinoa and toss with the quinoa.
Divide the quinoa mixture evenly among four plates. Add one piece of grilled chicken to each plate and drizzle on the last remaining 2 tablespoons marinade evenly among each piece. Divide the bruschetta mixture evenly among each plate. Thinly slice or chop the avocado and add equal parts to each plate. Add parmesan cheese and, if desired, additional basil to each plate. Enjoy!