These festiveEaster Cookies丰富，甜美，柔软，耐嚼！由于“秘密”成分 - 糖蜜 - 他们有一个深邃的躁狂味，甜蜜的牛奶巧克力和脆脆的Cadbury®鸡蛋。
I couldn’t be more excited to share these oatmeal Easter cookies with you all — they are my favorite oatmeal cookies to date! After creating theseGingersnap Cookiesthis last year, I knew I had to find another way to incorporate molasses into cookies — it is crazy what that ingredient does to the flavor of cookies! It adds rich caramel and toffee-like notes of flavor and an insane amount of chewiness. I love a good chewy oatmeal cookie with a deep toffee-like flavor, so oatmeal cookies are the perfect place to add molasses.
It’s just a small amount, but you’ll be amazed at what it does for flavor and texture in these Easter Cookies!
Let’s talk molasses
The molasses in these cookies is not overpowering (there isn’t a whole lot of it). Instead of making these cookies taste like molasses, it lends a subtle caramel or toffee-like flavor. The molasses is also the “secret” to keeping the cookies soft and chewy in the center. And, finally, the molasses adds a bit of sweetness to these Easter Cookies.
在商店中有很多不同的糖蜜选择，这些储存范围从更轻的糖蜜到黑刺戳。黑色糖蜜is very intense and a bit off-putting in baked goods. Instead, trydark molasses（also sometimes labeled as “robust” or “full-flavored”). I have tested these cookies withBrer Rabbit®andGrandma’s®并会建议其中 - 我们没有在两者之间找到明显的区别。
在捏，你可以使用pure maple syrupin place of the molasses in these cookies.
Dark Brown vs. Light Brown Sugar
Beyond the actual molasses in these cookies, we’ve also got dark and light brown sugar which also containmolasses。Dark brown sugar has more molasses, and because of the increased amount of molasses, it has a darker and deeper color with a stronger flavor. Dark brown sugar is slightly more acidic with more moisture. I find dark brown sugar has a more pronounced caramel flavor and a rich sweetness.
在杂货店的浅棕色和粉末糖附近销售深棕色糖。两种看起来相似，但深红糖整体较暗。在捏，you can even make your own dark brown sugar。
Easter Cookie Add-ins
Mini Cadbury Eggs®put the “Easter” in theseEastercookies! I used shimmer Cadbury eggs in these specific cookies, but either works great — shimmer or original.Easter M&M’salso work well in these cookies.
And if you don’t want either, replace the Cadbury eggs with equal amounts of chocolate chips.
Chilling the cookie dough
Chilling cookie dough can definitely be an inconvenience. I mean, when you want these Easter Cookies, you want them now, right?! That said, chilling this dough is especially important. It’s like marinating meat; the wait is worth it. Here are a few reasons why we chill the dough:
- 出于纹理原因，黄油熔化。如果面团立即用熔化的黄油烘烤，饼干将散布并在烘烤时变薄，硬，脆脆。这是因为脂肪（黄油）没有机会重新凝固。The longer the fat stays solid, the less the cookies will spread.
- Thesugar and old-fashioned oats in the dough gradually absorb liquid因此，当你冷却面团时，糖有机会吸收更多的液体，并进一步防止蔓延。
- 不要替代成分。这饼干食谱(re-teste进行测试d some more!). For best results, follow the recipe carefully using the right ingredients. I know there are some unique ingredients called for, but I recommend waiting to make these cookies with those ingredients instead of trying random substitutes. Baking is finicky — it’s hard to say what will and won’t work out in place of what has been tested.
- Use old-fashioned oats。While it may seem like old-fashioned oats and quick oats can be interchanged, they don’t work the same when baking. Because of their small size, quick oats act more like flour, absorbing more liquid which results in a drier, less flavorful cookie. This recipe relies on old-fashioned oats, and won’t work the same with any other oat type.
- Spoon and level the flour。When you measure the flour, be sure to spoon and level the measuring cup so you aren’t adding in too much or too little flour. Too much flour yields more cake-like cookies and too little flour and these cookies will be too wet and spread too much.
- Leave ample room on the baking sheet。These cookies are large and do spread a good amount on a cookie sheet! I only bake 6-8 cookies at a time on a standard size cookie sheet.
More Easter fun
- 四个简单Easter Treat Ideas
- Easter Cupcakes看起来像鸟巢
- Easter Treats免费印刷品
- 米克里斯皮对待add pastel sprinkles for a fun Easter treat!
- Strawberry Shortcake Trifle用柠檬蛋糕叮咬
- 8汤匙s (113g)无盐的黄油，融化melted
- 1/2杯（92g）light brown sugarpacked
- 1/4杯子（44克）dark brown sugarpacked
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1汤匙molassesNote 1
- 1-1 / 2cups (145g)老式的燕麦（don't use quick oats)
- 1/2茶匙每茶匙：baking soda, baking powder, fine sea salt
- 1杯（135克）all-purpose white flourNote 2
- 3/4杯（135克）巧克力脆片Note 3
- 1/2杯（100克）mini Cadbury eggsOr Easter M&M's
ADD WET INGREDIENTS: Once the butter has cooled to room temperature, stir in the light brown and dark brown sugar. Whisk until well combined, about a good minute of whisking. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and molasses (scrape every bit of molasses out into the dough). Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
ADD DRY INGREDIENTS：添加燕麦，小苏打，发酵粉和盐。混合良好。添加面粉并混合，直到刚刚结合 - 不要溢出。轻轻地搅拌巧克力芯片和康伯里鸡蛋。
CHILL DOUGH: Cover the bowl tightly and chill for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
预热烤箱: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a pan with parchment paper or use a nonstick liner.
卷面团球: Roll large balls of dough, a leveled 2 tablespoons in size (40g). You should get about 20-22 cookies from this recipe. Place 6-8 cookie balls on the prepared sheet pan to give the cookies plenty of room to spread. (They spread a lot!) Place the tray back in the fridge for 5-10 minutes (dough gets warmed from being handled).
OPTIONAL: MAKE 'EM PRETTY: Remove tray from the oven and within 1-2 minutes of pulling out the cookies, press a few more chocolate chips onto the tops of the cookies--this ensures even placement of chocolate and also makes them look pretty. Allow cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Repeat, baking the remaining dough balls until all the cookies are baked (see instruction #10).
STORAGE: We like these cookies best on days 1 and 2 of being made. They are the softest and chewiest on day 1 and get more crunchy, less chewy every day after that. They last up to a week, but they begin to lose texture and flavor. To store: Place in an airtight container and keep at room temperature. Wait until cookies are completely cooled before adding to the container.
FREEZING DOUGH: While freezing baked cookies works okay (there is some texture loss), I prefer tofreeze the dough instead！！将饼干面团球放在大片平底锅上并冻结直至固体。一旦固体，将冷冻球转移到由羊皮纸分开的气密容器/袋子（所以它们并非所有人都在一个丛中粘在一起）;冻结3 months。To bake: You can bake straight from the freezer; just add 1-3 minutes onto the cooking time. (Or thaw the dough in the fridge and bake according to directions.)
We do our best to provide accurate nutritional analysis for our recipes. Our nutritional data is calculated using a third-party algorithm and may vary, based on individual cooking styles, measurements, and ingredient sizes. Please use this information for comparison purposes and consult a health professional for nutrition guidance as needed.