容易30分钟鸡ChowMein嫩鸡肉叮咬，大量的蔬菜，还有一个令人上瘾的咸味酱涂层.Today I’m sharing all my tips and tricks on how to make chicken chow mein BETTER than takeout!
It may look like spaghetti, but taking the time to find more-authentic pasta makes a big difference. Try these:
- Fresh chow mein noodlesare a good option but are often hard to find in the US. (They are available at some Asian grocery stores.)
- Dry chow mein noodles:(such as Wel-Pak®)are generally found in the Asian aisles of grocery stores alongside soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil (which are all conveniently needed for this dish).
- Dry spaghetti:在紧要关头,薄spaghetti. The flavor will be slightly different, but still good.
One of the great things about this chicken chow mein is自定义是多么容易. I like celery, carrots, and cabbage best, but feel free to use your favorites. As long as the quantities remain consistent (and the veggies are chopped so they’ll cook in the right amount of time), you can use whatever. Below are some ideas:
- Thinly sliced green bell pepper
- Snow peas
- Red cabbage
- Water chestnuts
Tips for this recipe
- Making healthy chicken chow mein：在这个食谱上放置更健康的旋转，用螺旋化西葫芦替换部分或全部面条！
- Ultra-tender chicken: I learned this trick from厨师说明了. Chop the chicken into small bite-sized pieces (smaller the pieces = more evenly dispersed chicken and quicker cooking) and toss withbaking soda. (Rinse it off, dry thoroughly, and it’s ready to use) This keeps the chicken super tender!
- 素食者砍: Chop the veggies ineven尺寸(and as indicated in the recipe) so everything will cook through in the right amount of time. If the veggies are too big or thick, they’ll take longer to cook and the chicken will likely be overdone. Very thin celery slices, thin julienned carrot pieces, and finely shredded cabbage for this chicken chow mein recipe.
More delicious chicken dinners
- 1/2poundboneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs,cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 3/4茶匙baking soda
- 3杯green cabbagecut in small shreds
- 1 and 1/2茶匙sfresh gingerminced (~1-inch piece)
- 1 and 1/2茶匙s大蒜丁香minced (~2 large cloves)
- 3/4杯子thinly sliced celery(~2 stalks)
- 1/4杯子green onions(~3 onions)
- 1 and 1/2tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 1包装（6盎司）chow mein noodles(I use WEL-pak)
- 1 and 1/2tablespoonsLite酱油
- 1 and 1/2tablespoons蚝油
- 1/3杯子chicken stock或者chicken broth
- 1/2茶匙toasted (or plain) sesame oiltoasted (or plain)
- Freshly cracked pepper
CHICKEN PREP: Cut the chicken into small bite-sized pieces. Place in a small bowl and toss with baking soda. Place in the fridge, covered, for 15 minutes. This will make the chicken super tender! After 15 minutes, place chicken in a fine mesh sieve and rinse thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towels and use in this recipe. (This step--called velveting-- is optional; you can simply chop the chicken and use like that.)
VEGGIE准备:之前准备好所有的材料,because the cooking goes fast! Finely shred the cabbage, coarsely mince the ginger and garlic (don't want too fine of a mince or they burn; don't use jarred/tube ginger or garlic). Peel the carrot and then julienne into very small/thin pieces. (I cut into rounds and then cut into matchsticks) Very thinly slice the celery (I slice on the diagonal). Thinly slice the green onions to separate the white root from the green. You should get about 1/4 cup thinly sliced white roots. Reserve the thinly sliced green part for later.
酱准备：我n a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and soy sauce with a fork until completely smooth. Stir in the oyster sauce, chicken stock, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Add pepper to taste (I add about 1/2 teaspoon). Whisk until smooth. Reserve for later.
NOODLES: Follow package directions to prepare the chow mein noodles. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
厨师：Heat vegetable oil over high heat in a large skillet. Add the white roots of the onion for a minute or two and then and in the garlic and ginger. Be very careful to make sure neither burn -- only cook for about 20 seconds. Add chicken and stir constantly for about 1 minute or until both sides are lightly browned (still not cooked through).
厨师续.:Add in all the prepped veggies: the shredded cabbage, julienned carrot and thinly sliced celery. Stir near constantly until veggies are crisp-tender and cabbage is wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the cooked noodles and the sauce mixture. Toss with tongs for 1 minute, until the sauce thickens. Add in the thinly sliced tops of the green onions.