Food-safe cookie dough istopped with cookie dough ice cream and whipped cream. TheseCookieDoughIce Cream Bars都配上饼干屑为最终饼干情人的甜品。
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars
My family totally lovesedible cookie dough; so much so, in fact, that I’ve also shared recipes for an ediblepeanut butter cookie dough,brownie batter dough, andcake batter cookie dough. This is the first time, though, that I’ve used edible cookie dough as the base for an ice cream dessert concoction. With cookie dough ice cream of course.
These bars are sweet, thick, and the ultimate treat for the cookie dough (and cookie) obsessed.
These bars start with an edible (food- safe) cookie dough crust that comes together quickly and easily after heat-treating the flour (more on this below). Top the edible cookie dough crust with cookie dough ice cream and finish with whipped topping. (You can make your own with my recipe that only needs three ingredients or use store-bought whipped topping.) Last, but not least, garnish the cookie dough ice cream bars with crushed cookies and these bars are ready to serve!
Cookie dough in the ice cream bars
Regular (raw) cookie dough isn’t considered safe to eat because of health concerns revolving around both theflouranduncookedeggs.
But not to worry, I’ve made the cookie dough base on these ice cream bars, specially formulated to be safe; there are no eggs and the flour is heat-treated to ensure everything is safe to eat!
Heat treating flour
A lot of people don’t realize that flour is a culprit for sickness in unbaked cookie dough. Flour doesn’t look like a raw food, but it actually is. This means it hasn’t been treated to kill germs (like e. coli) which can cause food poisoning (source). So, when makingediblecookie dough for the base of these ice cream bars, we need to first cook the flour (or heat treat it) to ensure we kill any potential bacteria. There are three options for heat treating your flour:
- Purchase flour that has already been heat treated. It will be noted on the package.
- Heat treat it in the microwave: Add the flour to a microwave safe bowl. I recommend heat treating more than the recipe calls for (1/2 to 1 cup extra) just to ensure you have enough. Microwave on high, in bursts of 30 seconds, stirring in between each burst. Take time to stir well to make sure none of the flour burns. Use athermometerto test the flour in a few places to make sure it has reached 165 degrees F throughout all the flour. (If you get less than 165 degrees, return the flour for one more burst of 30 seconds).
- 热处理是在烤箱: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan (with sides) with a nonstick liner or parchment paper. Spread the flour on the pan (treat more than you’ll use; 1/2 to 1 cup extra). Bake the flour, removing and stirring it, every 1 and 1/2 minutes. Every time you remove the flour to stir, test it with thethermometer. As soon as it reaches 165 degrees F, it’s safe.
Tips for heat treating flour
Ultimately, the heat treated flour should look and taste just like regular flour; if it doesn’t, the cookie dough won’t taste right.
- 让面粉使用前完全冷却. If you use hot flour, this cookie dough won’t turn out right. Let the flour cool completely at room temperature or speed up the process by placing the tray in the fridge or freezer.
- If baking or microwaving left your flour with any clumps,break up those clumpswith your fingers. Discard any clumps that won’t break up easily. If any flour stuck to the sides or bottom of the pan, don’t scrape it up for the dough.
- If there arediscolored sections(brown or light brown flour), discard that flour. It will make the dough taste like burnt popcorn (This is why we heat treat a bit more flour than we’ll need)! You want the heat treated flour to look just like regular flour (light, fluffy, and white); discard parts that don’t look like this before using in Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars.
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bar Garnishes
We use store-bought cookies, smashed into crumbs, but if you are have somechewy chocolate chip cookies躺在身边，用那些崩溃之上。虽然你不有顶部用饼干屑这些雪糕，它增加了鲜味，使一个有趣的装饰。金沙城中心网址
如果使用现成的饼干屑,我推荐你sing crisp cookies like Chips Ahoy® or Famous Amos® Chocolate Chip Cookies. You can either coarsely chop the cookies or give them a quick pulse in a food processor or blender. Or, just crumble them with your hands.
Chocolate sauce and mini chocolate chips
We usually like these cookie dough ice cream bars with just cookie crumbs, but if you’re looking for something a little extra or especially love chocolate, they’re also good with a handful of miniature chocolate chips and a drizzle of hot fudge or chocolate sauce.
More ice cream treats
- Brownie Ice Cream Barswith Samoa cookies
- Ice Cream Pieonly three ingredients
- Churro Ice Cream Sandwicheswith a chocolate ganache
- Mint Ice Cream Barswith a brownie base
- Icebox Cakewith Oreos
Food-safe cookie dough is topped with cookie dough ice cream and whipped cream. TheseCookieDoughIce Cream Barsare garnished with cookie crumbs for the ultimate cookie lover's dessert.
- 1/2杯（1个棒; 8汤匙;113克）unsalted butter,melted
- 1/2cup (115g)packed light brown sugar
- 1/4cup (50g)granulated white sugar
- 2tablespoonswhole milk(1% or 2% will work)
- 1teaspoonpure vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoonfine sea salt
- 1 and 1/4cup (150g)多用途白面(See Note 1)
- 3./4cup (125g)mini chocolate chips
- 1container (48 ounces; 1.4L)cookie dough ice cream
- 1cupheavy cream(See Note 2)(OR 1 container (8 ounces; 226g) completely thawed Cool Whip)
- 1/2cuppowdered sugar
- 1/2teaspoonvanilla extract
- Optional: 3-4 chocolate chip cookies to crumble on top; hot fudge topping or chocolate sauce, mini chocolate chips
HEAT TREAT FLOUR:(See note 1); You can heat treat flour in the microwave or in the oven. Test the flour to ensure it's reached a safe temperature of 165 degrees F. Let flour cool completely to room temperature before using. Don't use any burnt or clumpy flour (if it's off color or smells burnt, it is burnt). The flour should be light, white, and fluffy. Use a spoon to measure the completely cooled flour into a measuring cup and level the top of the cup with the back of a table knife.
PREP: Line a 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang of paper so you can easily remove the bars to cut and serve.
COOKIEDOUGH: Place the 8 tablespoons melted butter in a large bowl and let it cool to room temperature. If you use hot melted butter, it will melt the sugars and cause the dough to be greasy. Once cooled, add in the 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar. Stir to combine. Add in the 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 and 1/4 cup heat-treated flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough is smooth. Stir in the 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips until combined (you may need to knead the chocolate chips in by hand). If the dough is too dry, add in a bit more heavy cream; if it is at all wet, add in a tablespoon or two more of the heat-treated flour.
BARS: Press the prepared cookie dough evenly along the bottom of the pan. Use the bottom of a 1 cup measuring cup to press the dough in firmly and into one even layer. Scoop the cookie dough ice cream over the cookie dough layer. Use a strong spatula to smooth the ice cream as much as possible into an even and flat layer. Freeze bars, covered, for 2 hours up to overnight.
WHIPPED TOPPING: In a mixing bowl attached to a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, add in the 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat to combine and then increase the speed and whip until firm peaks form, about 2-4 minutes. With a spatula, spread the whipped cream over the ice cream until smooth. Alternatively, spread 1 container completely thawed whipped topping on top of the bars. Freeze bars to harden, about 30 minutes to an hour.
SERVING: When ready to serve, remove from the pan using the parchment paper overhang, and cut into bars. If desired, top each bar you are serving with a handful of crumbled up cookies. You can also add on some hot fudge topping and/or mini chocolate chips if desired. (We usually just serve with cookie crumbs).
Note 1: Two methods for heat treating flour:
Heat treat it in the microwave：面粉加入到微波安全碗。我建议热处理超过配方要求（1/2到1杯特级），只是为了确保你有足够的。在30秒的脉冲串高微波，搅拌在每个脉冲串之间。搅拌均匀，以确保没有面粉烧金沙城中心网址伤或团块。用温度计来测试面粉在少数地方，以确保使之达到165华氏度在所有的面粉。金沙城中心网址（如果你得到小于165度，返回面粉多了一个突发的30秒）。
热处理是在烤箱: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan (with sides) with a nonstick liner or parchment paper. Spread the flour on the pan (treat more than you'll use; 1/2 to 1 cup extra). Bake the flour, removing and stirring it every 1 and 1/2 minutes. Each time you remove the flour to stir, test it with the thermometer. As soon as it reaches 165 degrees F, it's safe. (This takes about 3-6 minutes in my oven)
Note 2: Either use 1 container whipped topping (completely thawed) like Cool Whip® or make your own whipped topping with the 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. We prefer homemade, but either works great!